While I’m all for the parklets that restaurants have been allowed to open during the pandemic, they make parking your car in certain areas a challenge. Take Coast Village Road: before dinner at Coast & Olive, we had to park most of the way around Coast Village Circle, the loop that runs alongside the freeway. It made me realize I had never explored the street, so I set off a week later on foot. (This will not be the most interesting Walk With Me post, but at least it’s the shortest.)
I was surprised to come upon two Tudor houses, having not thought anyone lived on Coast Village Circle. The second one, alas, has been converted to offices, although in a town with many colorfully named law firms, Grissini & Wrinkle is a new favorite.
I had to look up what various businesses do. For Paws Salon is for pets, not humans, which seems obvious, but the”For,” rather than “Four,” made me wonder. Tribute Project is a fashion line of bedazzled blazers. Laura and Russell Collins are married mediators. Cycad Group is a venture capital firm investing in technology (although Google’s blurb about their site could use some finessing: “Skip to content. logo. INVESTING in technology. what we do. what we do. strategy. strategy. portfolio. portfolio. people. people”). Coastland Salon & Barber is obviously a hair salon, but you may not have realized that it “was created to be a safe haven for individuals to come relax in a clean, low odor, gender neutral environment, while receiving the utmost care in their hair journey.”
Walk With Me…
• The Small Pleasures of Bungalow Haven
• The Small-Town Charms of Samarkand
• Climbing the Back of Eucalyptus Hill
• Admiring the Backsides of Beachfront Houses on Padaro Lane
• Social Distancing Made Easy at UCSB
• In the Heart of the Golden Quadrangle
• Is There a Better Neighborhood for a Stroll Than West Beach?
• Up, Down, and All Around Montecito’s Pepper Hill
• E. Canon Perdido, One of Downtown’s Best Strolling Streets
• Montecito’s Prestigious Picacho Lane
• Whitney Avenue in Summerland
• School House Road and Camphor Place
Sign up for the Siteline email newsletter and you’ll never miss a post.